Sunday, January 02, 2011

Don't kid yourself

Happy New Year! I know, I know... I am not a good blogger! I wrote two blogs and dissappeared for years! Now, suddenly, we are in 2011!

I am still a translator by the way, despite my getting-worse RSI!

The year has been started by a small proofreading job. The translation is not too bad, however the translator made a big mistake. It is on care labels that we usually find in our clothing. Wash at 40C, no ironing, dry clean only etc. Easy peasy. But it is also why it is easy to make mistake. When it comes to column sof 'materials', there are leather, suede, etc and ... kid. The translator simply translated it as anak-anak or kids/children! I don't know know where the translator lives, but in this part of world, we don't make clothes from children...

1 comment:

Picnic Locations in Gurgaon said...

It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.